Thursday, January 11, 2007

I Was An Idiot: But, You Can Trust Me This Time

So, "The Shrub" goes on national television and admits he made a mistake when he didnt order more troops into Iraq to quell the anarchy in that country. Now, he wants to commit 21,500 more troops into Iraq when most of the country didn't want to be there in the first place.

"Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me," Bush said.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

This is clearly not a time for gloating. So, I won't.
But, I am going to say I told you so. Forget me, half the country told you so. I recently watched Al Gore's documentary "An Incovenient Truth" and I was struck by how intelligently and passionately he spoke about the environment and his concerns for our planet and humanity. I felt a touch of sadness when I remembered that Al Gore should be our president.

But, thanks to the Republican Party and their supporters, that great man was robbed of the presidency and now we are stuck with a man who is very willing to commit other people's children to a war that no one wants.

I can't help but think about how Al Gore might have handled this differently. I can't help but think about the collision course "the sitting idiot" is running with the newly elected Democratic Congress. Wait until you see "the war" this starts in the Capitol. "The Decider" isn't the best "Uniter". Congress is already sharpening their knives for this one. However, they do have to keep the safety of the troops already in the war-zone the main focus. They have to do what is best for them. If they believe this is the move, so be it. But, I dont trust it one bit. And, really - Why should I trust this? Bush's decision runs counter to widespread anti-war passions among Americans and the advice of some top generals.

I noticed that they had the president positioned in front of books to make him look more well-read/intelligent. You all know damn well he couldn't even name five books on that shelf without turning around to look.

Today, the president is off to Georgia to rally support for this latest debacle. Gee.....I wonder if he is going to meet with any opposition in Georgia. (*Yawn*) You laugh. I still know some people who support this bolt-necked freak.

Thanks, Ohio....Kentucky....and all you other "red-states" for making intolerance and stupidity our nametrade in the world today.

The people are about to get just what they deserve/asked for/voted for.

I really have a hard time imagining what the next year is going to be like for all of those families of those soldiers.
It makes me sick.

I really have nothing else to say about it. I feel like the guys in the black-hats are winning, again.

In a related item...

Keep on your eyes on the situation involving Democratic Senator Tim Johnson of South Dakota. This is the gentleman who had the stroke in December right after being elected. Under state law, if he is unable to fulfill his duties, the governor, Mike Rounds, would appoint a replacement who would serve until the next general election in 2008, Chaggaris explains.

Because Rounds is a Republican, an appointment of this nature could affect the balance of power in the Senate, and thus the entire Congress. Leadership would be given back to the Republicans, because in a split Senate, the deciding vote is given to the vice president.

That whole thing stinks to "high-heaven".
So, hold onto your fucking hats, people.
While you are at, ask whatever deity you enjoy most to make Tim Johnson well-enough to serve his country.

I, for one, am pulling for him.

No comments: